Soudan: une frappe de drone fait 12 morts, dont six enfants, au Darfour
A drone strike in Sudan, on a town controlled by paramilitaries in North Darfur state, killed 12 civilians on Wednesday, including six children, a medical source and local activists told AFP on Thursday.
Twelve bodies have been taken to the hospital in the town of Koutoum, according to the medical source. Sixteen other people, including women and children, were injured and are receiving treatment.
The El-Facher resistance committee, a pro-democracy group, said the strike hit the Al-Salama district, near a girls' school, blaming the attack on the army, which has been at war with the Rapid Support Forces (RSF) paramilitaries since April 2023.
Last week, the United Nations indicated that drone attacks had killed more than 500 civilians between January and mid-March, warning of the "devastating impact" of these weapons in populated areas.
The conflict has killed tens of thousands of people, displaced more than 11 million, and caused what the UN describes as the world's worst humanitarian crisis.
The UN has declared a state of famine in several areas, and both sides are accused of abuses, including sexual violence and massacres, by numerous reports and testimonies.
Commentaires (0)
Participer à la Discussion
Règles de la communauté :
💡 Astuce : Utilisez des emojis depuis votre téléphone ou le module emoji ci-dessous. Cliquez sur GIF pour ajouter un GIF animé. Collez un lien X/Twitter, TikTok ou Instagram pour l'afficher automatiquement.