L'armée iranienne affirme avoir empêché des navires américains d'entrer dans le détroit d'Ormuz
The Iranian military claimed on Monday to have prevented US Navy ships from entering the Strait of Hormuz, after Donald Trump said that US naval forces would begin guiding blocked ships through the strategic waterway.
"Further information will be released later ," a brief statement relayed by the official Iranian news agency Tasnim indicated.
At the same time, Iranian media affiliated with the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) reported that a US Navy frigate had been targeted by two missiles in the strait.
"The frigate, which was sailing in the Strait of Hormuz on Monday, in violation of navigation and maritime safety rules near [the port of] Jask, was the target of a rocket attack after ignoring a warning from the Iranian navy ," the Fars news agency said, without citing a source.
The US military on Monday denied that one of its warships had been hit in the Strait of Hormuz.
"No U.S. Navy ships were hit. U.S. forces support Project Freedom and are enforcing the naval blockade of Iranian ports," Central Command, which oversees U.S. forces in the Middle East, said in a message posted on X.
The United Arab Emirates stated that Iran had fired two drones at an oil tanker belonging to their national oil company ADNOC in the Strait of Hormuz, and condemned the attack.
"Targeting commercial shipping and using the Strait of Hormuz as a tool for economic coercion or blackmail constitutes an act of piracy by the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps," the Foreign Ministry said, adding that no one was injured.
The United Arab Emirates described the incident as a "flagrant violation" of UN Security Council Resolution 2817.
"Project Freedom"
In a message posted on social media on Sunday, Donald Trump said the Navy would escort the ships out of the strait, warning that Iranian attempts to block them "will unfortunately have to be countered forcefully."
Efforts to restart traffic in the Strait of Hormuz risk jeopardizing the fragile ceasefire that has held for more than three weeks.
The American president presented part of what he called the "Freedom Project" from a humanitarian angle, aimed at helping stranded sailors, many of whom have been on board oil tankers or cargo ships immobilized in the Persian Gulf since the beginning of the war.
Iran's official news agency IRNA later described Trump's proposal as "delusional", and the Iranian military command said on Monday that ships transiting the region should coordinate with him.
"We warn that any foreign military force, especially the US military, that intends to approach or enter the Strait of Hormuz will be targeted ," Major General Ali Abdollahi told state broadcaster IRIB.
The Joint Maritime Information Center indicated that the United States had established a "high security zone" near the Omani shore of the Strait. It urged mariners to coordinate closely with Omani authorities "due to the anticipated high volume of traffic . "
He also warned that any passage near usual roads "should be considered extremely dangerous due to the presence of mines that have not been fully located and neutralized" .
Commentaires (2)
Participer à la Discussion
Règles de la communauté :
💡 Astuce : Utilisez des emojis depuis votre téléphone ou le module emoji ci-dessous. Cliquez sur GIF pour ajouter un GIF animé. Collez un lien X/Twitter, TikTok ou Instagram pour l'afficher automatiquement.